Information for those who attend EPFL
As in previous years, the campus is getting ready to welcome almost 15'000 people on the 12th of May, which may cause some disturbance. However, the festival does it's best to reduce these effects, and apologises for any inconveniences which might occur.
Transportation and parking
Buildings and security
The Balélec Festival will take place on Friday, May 12th on the EPFL campus.
The organization of this event will entail some perturbations to traffic, parking and accessibility to certain areas. Sound tests will take place the afternoon of May 12th.
Parking checks will be somewhat relaxed during this period. Nonetheless, any parked vehicle that poses a danger to circulation or prevents emergency vehicles from accessing buildings will be ticketed and/or towed at the owner's expense. In addition, please respect the new traffic routing signs that will be put in place for the event.
The parking areas are closed, according to following program on the website.
For security purposes, parts of the EPFL campus will be off limits to all school personnel on Friday, the 12th of May.
The following buildings are included in the restricted area :
- BI, BS, CE, PA and PB will be vacated by a security company as of 5.30 PM.
- CH and PO will be inaccessible as of 5.00 PM.
- CM, CO, GC, GR, MA, ME, MED, ODY, PH and PO will be inaccessible as of 6.30 PM.
- Some doors of buildings BS, CE, CM, MA and PH will be inaccessible as of 4.00 PM.
- The Rolex Learning Center and the ArtLab will be closed at 5.00 pm
The buildings will be accessible again at 7 AM on Saturday the 13th of May.
If you have questions how balelec will affect the traffic on the campus, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.